By Dasha Mishina
Figuring out how to cook the turkey itself can make your Thanksgiving stressful on its own. So when decorating for the day, the last thing you need is an elaborate table setting to raise your blood pressure as much as the heavy cream in those mashed potatoes will. Here are some ideas to help you create a table deserving of your delicious dinner.
1. Pick a color scheme of two or three colors that you love. These don’t necessarily need to be traditional Thanksgiving or fall hues. Love turquoise? Pair it with brown. Love hot pink? Pair it with black and white. Just be sure one is a neutral to avoid color overload.
2. Fill tall or short clear vases with fruit -apples, pears and baby pumpkins keep it seasonal, even the odd shape of butternut squash is a great decorative piece; a perfect way to add some flair to your table without worrying about flower arrangements or live flames. Best of all though, you can eat the fruit afterwards!
3. Pair solid plates with patterned plates to add interest to the table. Visit your local Target for cute, contemporary and inexpensive options. (All the plates pictured are from Target.com)
4. Opt for a solid colored tablecloth in a color that contrasts with your plates. If you’re dreading the night of/morning after cleanup use a table runner. It covers up imperfections in the table while still adding personality. Just follow the same color rules as the tablecloth.
5. Most importantly decorate your home with smiles and lots of love. Find out what your friends and family are thankful for and enjoy the delicious meal that you’re all happy to be enjoying together.
Deals of the Day