By Alexandra Taylor
Polar Vortex and other inclement weather aside, the first week and a half of February is a celebration of all things fashion. New York Fashion Week has officially commenced with designers, editors and impossibly tall (and beautiful) models trekking through snow & slush to the season’s best shows. We too have prepped for this glorious week, picking some of our must-haves to get us through the long days, from 8am call-times to 1am after parties. These BN-approved favorites are must-buys, whether schlepping from show to show or just bearing the winter blues.
1. AESOP Fabulous Face Oil – A must, must buy during the winter months! Say goodbye to terribly dry and flaky winter skin. This daily moisturizing botanical oil keeps your skin hydrated for a fresh-faced look.
2. Victoria Beckham Boyfriend Jeans - We’ll be strutting (ok, trekking) from venue to venue in these effortlessly chic and comfortable boyfriend jeans. Throw on a pair of suede booties for day or your favorite pumps for night, to showcase the ultimate in style versatility.
3. Rag & Bone Black Legging Jean - Rag & Bone’s soft leggings-style jeans are a comfortable option for off-duty and BN staff favorite for getting through fashion week. Versatile, comfortable and oh so chic, it’s our best friend for wintery days.
4. Joseph Shearling Coat - This sumptuously lush shearling coat is our dream outerwear piece for the season. It’s subtle midnight-blue hue and oversized shawl collar will add warmth and an effortlessly chic flair to any look. We suggest pairing it with your favorite skinny jeans and fine knit cashmere pullover to balance proportions.
5. Madewell Transport Tote – The ultimate carryall to tote all your essentials and more!
6. J. Crew Embellished Wool Coat – Add a bit of embellishment and a standout color to your winter look with this Italian-made alpaca & wool blend coat. It’s the perfect pick to standout in a crowd or for street style pics, of course.
7. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - A beauty essential that never leaves my purse, Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose is a favorite hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips.
8. Mansur Gavriel Black Bucket Bag – An alternative to the Transport Tote, this highly coveted leather purse is perfectly chic and is a great carryall for the fashion weeker on the go. “Simplicity, longevity and quality” are the hallmarks of Mansur Gavriel.
9. Rag & Bone Harrow Leather Biker Boots – Beat the winter blues with these in-demand leather biker boots, a must-have for all your city adventures.