By Jamie Costello
Finding the perfect bathing suit is hard enough, never mind having to worry about how your hair looks at the beach. Luckily, here are four easy and chic hair options to keep you not only cool but will also give you a sexy edge over other beach-dwellers.
Jessica Biel’s Beach Waves
- First, towel-dry damp hair.
- Evenly distribute a mousse-type product in even sections throughout your hair to give hair a hold.
- Scrunch hair with fingers and apply a styling mist.
Kate Beckinsale’s Updo Pony
- Begin by brushing hair with a wooden brush to get it super smooth and straight. When it’s soft and knot-free, grab hair at the back of the neck and pull upwards. Secure with a hair elastic that matches your hair color.
- Wrap a piece of your hair around the base of the ponytail to cover up the rubber band.
- Take a small section of hair from underneath the ponytail, wrap it once, and secure the hair with one or two bobby pins inserted underneath the ponytail toward your head.
- Mist your entire head with a heat-protecting styling spray.
Kristin Cavallari’s Shiny, Straight Locks
- If your hair is naturally straight, apply a light shine serum after letting hair air dry. If your hair is naturally wavy or curly, blow-dry hair with an oval-shaped brush and apply a styling cream with UV protection and flexible hold.
- Apply a leave-in protein conditioner to help retain smoothness.