By Irene Fogarty
Welcome to ‘Paris au naturel.’ Every month, I’m going to share with you some of my easy, DIY, all-natural remedies and recipes to improve your health and beauty. And this month, it’s all about your head… well, your hair to be more specific. If you think your brush holds more hair than what’s on your head, you may want to try this great little recipe that really works, and that you can do at home.
The hero ingredient is onion juice (give it a chance!) which is one of the best home remedies for thinning hair and hair loss. Its sulfur content improves blood circulation, stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair regrowth. Sulfur is considered one of the primary building blocks of hair, and is required for healthy collagen and keratin. Plus, your hair will be smoother and shinier hair due to the addition of honey, which is loaded with antioxidants and seals in moisture.
What you will need:
1. 1 onion (white or red)
3. A knife
4. A blender/grater/juicer
5. A strainer
6. A bowl
What to do:
1. Peel, chop and blend an onion.
2. Put the blended pulp in a strainer. Using a spoon, press the pulp to extract the juice.
3. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey to the onion juice.
4. Optionally, add a few drops of an essential oil, such as lavender oil. Your homemade onion juice and honey treatment is ready now.
How to apply:
• Massage the above into your entire scalp.
• Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on for at least for 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
• Rinse your hair the next morning. Follow this treatmentdaily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
And don’t worry about having oniony tresses. Simply add a fragrant essential oil like rosemary, lavender, or peppermint which promote hair growth or you can add some lemon juice to mask the onion smell. Do this procedure at least twice a week and see just how thick and healthy your hair will appear. Feel free to drop a comment to let me know how it works for you!