By Lauren Sigmon
Prom season is back! Long gone are the days of tendrils and baby’s breath. Today’s prom queens are stylin’, with the tresses to match the dresses.
“Current prom-goers are super informed on current trends, so their style is a little more sophisticated than just a traditional updo with curls,” says Amit Abraham, L’Oréal Professionnel Artist & Artistic Director at the Anthony DeFranco Salon, Huntington Station.
Creating the perfect prom ‘do doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money. If you can’t make it to the salon, try one of these looks for a night to remember!
Sleep and Sexy Waves
1. After hair is washed and dried, begin sectioning off hair, working from the front to the back.
2. Once the curling iron is super hot, spray each section with a working spray, like L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium 3, and wrap around a large barrel curling iron and set. (Stylist Tip: Heat manipulates hair, but the hair sets when it cools down.)
3. Keeping each section lightly clipped as the hair is being curled will give the curls memory as they set and will keep to keep the waves in place all night long.
4. As you’re ready to go, undo the clips and finish off with a final spritz of the working spray.
Visit lptruegrip.com/grip-gallery/ for additional how-to’s and products.
Faux Bob with Side-Swept Fringe
1. After washing, blow dry hair with Paul Mitchell® Super Skinny® Serum and section off the top half of the hair, taking two-inch sections from both sides of the nape of the neck and begin to braid towards one another and form into a bun. Pin close to scalp.
2. Using your fingers as a roller, begin to wind the remaining hair in and out of your fingers in a figure eight shape.
3. Carefully remove your fingers and lock the curl into shape by using a straightening iron to press the figure eight. Do this all over your head, pinning each curl as you go.
4. Once cool, brush the curls out with a dressing brush and back comb from the root to mid shaft.
5. Using three-inch sections of hair, begin to roll underneath, anchoring the hair with pins to the braid. You can play with the length of the roll to create a longer or shorter bob.
6. Continue until all hair has been tucked under. Follow with a light holding spray, such as Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Firm Finishing Spray®, to continuously add support.
7. Using a fine-tooth comb, sculpt bangs into place, securing the look with another spritz of the finishing spray. (Stylist Note: Don’t stress over every flyaway. The imperfections give the look a soft, romantic feel.)
8. Add some hair accessories, like a tiara or rhinestone clips, to give the look extra sparkle.
For a step-by-step video of this look and product information, visit: http://www.paulmitchell.com
Deals of the Day