By Yasmin Jorge
These days, I’m sick more often – there are two young kids in my life that don’t like to wash up. Those little people bring germs and cold symptoms back home from school and through friends. But honestly, when I catch the bug – I’m worse off! The good news: I recently found healthy remedies that get me back on my feet pronto. In today’s hectic, multi-tasking, connected society, who has time to rest and recuperate?
Maty’s™ Healthy Products treat the discomforts associated with cough and flu epidemics. I like this brand because it soothes and comforts this weary patient without any harsh side effects or chemical additives.
Here is a safe medicinal alternative, all-natural and gluten free, with a nice dose of immune boosting ingredients and antioxidant support. Now, this under-the-weather baby can function worry-free. ‘Yes’ to driving and working, and ‘no’ to sleepiness and lethargy.
The scoop: Maty’s products contain no artificial preservatives, color additives or sweeteners.
The cough syrups are made with antioxidant rich dark buckwheat honey (to soothe throats) and
– Apple Cider Vinegar promotes healthy mucous flow and provides immune support.
– Celtic Sea Salt contains trace minerals to naturally detoxify.
– Zinc Gluconate has been shown to shorten the duration of a cold, when taken at the onset.
– Lemon Peel is a source of limonene, a flavonoid that encourages natural detoxification.
– Cinnamon promotes healthy breathing.
– Lemon Balm has a calming effect and has mildly anti-viral properties.
– Grapefruit Seed Extract boosts the immune system and protects against harmful invaders.
– Cayenne Pepper increases blood flow by improving circulation.
In addition to the cough syrups, Maty’s natural homeopathic line includes nasal ointment and chest rubs.
All products are available at local drug stores such as Duane Reade, RITE AID and more, and online at http://www.Drugstore.com and http://www.Amazon.com. Visit http://www.matyshp.com for more information.
When ill and on the go, food is not a priority. But active pretty girls must keep their strength up when we’re down. For edible beauty and health, try snacking on nimble™, a nutrition/energy bar for women that is yummy at only 120 calories. Fortified with rich antioxidants, beta-carotene and 10mg of FloraGLO® Lutein, nimble provides vital nutrients for healthy skin and seven critical ingredients for women’s bodies: protein (10g); fiber (5g); calcium; iron; folate; and vitamins D and B6. This is one portable petite bar that packs a punch!
But I want to eat two of them.
Nimble by Balance Bar® is available in Peanut Butter and Yogurt Orange Swirl. In NYC, nimble is available at Duane Reades and wherever Balance Bars are sold. It can also be ordered via http://www.amazon.com and http://www.shopbalance.com. Visit http://www.balance.com for details.