By Erin Brady
The Juice Craze Continues
For all the juice lovers out there that either use vegetable and fruit juices to cleanse, feel great and energetic or just to get some added nutrients, get excited because two juice favorites are now more readily available in the Big Apple.
Organic Avenue, the New York City-based healthy lifestyle company famous for its LOVE* (Live. Organic. Vegan. Experience.) cleanses and celebrity following (Gwyneth is a huge fan), has opened two new locations in Manhattan – 1021 Lexington Avenue on the Upper East Side and 156 Sullivan Street in SoHo!
Both stores are open seven days a week from 8AM to 8PM and offer the detox cleanses, cold pressed organic juices (my fav!), raw foods (snacks, entrees, desserts), whole food supplements and more. Go pick up some juices today to see what the buzz is all about. Visit: http://www.organicavenue.com to learn more!
BluePrintCleanse (BPC) announced recently that they will feature their signature fresh pressed juices at Whole Foods Market’s TriBeCa location. This exclusive relationship is the first of its kind for BPC and Whole Foods Market. Until now, clients have relied on BPC’s delivery and pick-up options to access juice cleanse programs placed in advance through BPC online. Now, Whole Foods Market TriBeCa shoppers looking for everyday access to their favorite cold pressed BPC juices.
The individual BluePrintJuices are named for their vibrant colors, and include “Green” BPC’s signature vegetable juice, “Red” Carrot Apple Beet juice, “Yellow” Spicy Lemonade and a quarterly “seasonal” juice – now featuring “White” Cashew Nut Milk (the best in my opinion!) BluePrintJuice at Whole Foods Market TriBeCa is located at 270 Greenwich Street at Warren Street. For more information:http://blueprintcleanse.com
Feed Your Face
According to top dermatologist Dr. Jessica Wu, “the real secret to better, brighter skin and a younger-looking complexion is right inside your pantry.” In her first book, Dr. Wu shares the secrets that turned her into one of Hollywood’s most sought after beauty experts – no needles, creams, or prescriptions required.
Based on the latest research, and proven on Dr. Wu’s patients (both the famous and not-so-famous), FEED YOUR FACE is a 28-day diet plan that will help you banish blemishes, wipe out wrinkles, shed unwanted pounds, and generally feel better – in your clothes and in your skin. Along the way, readers will learn how to separate skincare fact from fiction, as Dr. Wu explains why:
– A slice of pizza can protect your skin from sunburn
– Green beans can boost your hair’s strength and shine
– Milk and dairy products can contribute to acne
– Almonds can ward off grays
Packed with patient testimonials, flirty illustrations, un-retouched before and after photos, celebrity anecdotes from stars like Kimora Lee Simmons, Maria Bello and Kat Von D., FEED YOUR FACE also chronicles Dr. Wu’s personal journey from pimply-faced bookworm to fashion-obsessed dermatologist. Part self-help book, part insider tell-all, FEED YOUR FACE is as entertaining as it is informative. To get a copy of this new book for yourself, visit Amazon.com.
Jessica Wu, M.D., is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and a board-certified celebrity dermatologist in Los Angeles. When she’s not helping Hollywood’s A-list get red carpet-ready, she’s dishing up advice as the Skin and Beauty Expert on EverydayHealth.com or contributing to top shows like The Doctors, Good Morning America and EXTRA, and in countless magazines and newspapers.
Arbonne International, LLC (Arbonne) recently introduced the new Arbonne Essentials™ product line, featuring nutrition solutions that are easily tailored to meet individual needs. Formulated with active botanicals, the Arbonne Essentials line is comprised of 22 products, which support a range of areas including digestion, immunity boost, increased energy and weight management, and featuring formulas targeted for adults and kids. Arbonne Essentials are vegan certified and formulated without artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, gluten, cholesterol, saturated fats, trans fats, animal products or animal by-products. These products make it easier than ever to incorporate optimal nutrients into your daily routine, even at times when the food you are eating may not be the best. The ingredients in Arbonne Essentials are carefully selected and work together to increase nutrient uptake for optimum absorption and effectiveness. The new products are as follows:
– Digestion Plus: Arbonne is one of the first to market with a digestion supplement that contains all three main components to help support optimal digestive health – prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes. Digestion Plus is a single-serving stick pack containing a mild-flavored powder that can be added to any cold or room temperature liquid.
– Protein Shakes: Available in both chocolate and vanilla, Arbonne Essentials Protein Shakes deliver 20 grams of vegan protein, plus 20 essential vitamins and minerals per serving.
– Energy Fizz Tabs: Contain natural ingredients to help boost and sustain energy while also helping to control hunger and appetite. Available in citrus and pomegranate flavors.
– Fit Chews: An ideal on-the-go snack, this chocolate flavored bite-size treat helps control cravings while keeping energy levels sustained. Contains a proprietary blend of ingredients to help support the body when undergoing a new diet or exercise regimen.
– Antioxidant & Immunity Booster: A delicious 3 fl. oz. drink shot containing juices from pomegranate, blueberry, acai, grape, cranberry and other known superfruits; infused with powerful antioxidant and immunity ingredients as well as ingredients for energy. Each boost contains as much B12 as 10 eggs and the antioxidant level (ORAC Value) of three apricots, five zucchini, one kiwi, one cup of watermelon and one cup of cucumber.
Arbonne Essentials can be purchased through Arbonne’s extensive network of Independent Consultants, or online at http://www.arbonne.com.
Great Soles, a collection of non-slip footwear, was created by two sisters, one with a love of Pilates and the other with a love of design. They came together in the Pilates studio to create this line after it became evident that a treaded sole helps to stabilize the foot and develop better foot alignment, balance and control. The socks took shape over the years with the help of friends and family and they are now fun, wearable shoes you can put on in the studio or at home.
Great Soles have really improved our balance and answers the need for functional footwear in classes like Pilates, yoga and dance where bare feet are required. They are stylish, comfortable and revolutionary being part sock, part slipper, and part ballet flat. A new gym bag essential for sure, and they are the next best thing to being barefoot. For more information and to purchase Great Soles for your next Pilates or Core Fusion class, visit http://www.great-soles.com.