By Susan Blankman
376 54 45
It’s the News on Everyone’s Lips!
If you’ve been paying lip service to a plumper pout, consider your options. Luckily for thin-lipped, dry-lipped and loose-lipped women everywhere there’s a whole new crop of treatment products guaranteed to enhance the beauty of your kisser. Lip alert! Don’t attempt to mask unhealthy lips beneath lipstick and gloss. Get to the bottom of things with a triple-pronged approach to lip beauty. If you long for fuller lips, smoother lips, firmer lips and lips that are wrinkle free, it’s time to kiss the status quo good-bye. In its place welcome the rewards of the newest technologies — revolutionary new advances in treatment products that prove pouty, luscious and voluptuous can be the words on every woman’s lips. Subtle and sexy is the name of the game with products that know how to turn one of your most visible assets into your most kissable. Go for it!
COUNTDOWN TO LUSH LIPS
Begin by gently peeling away dry and damaged skin with a whole new generation of lip treatment products. Start by getting lips in shape with a sampling of exfoliators guaranteed do away with rough, dry skin and magically refinish this delicate area. The following two products top our list:
• You might want to give Enhancements Lip Micro-Dermabrasion by Rodan & Fields a try. Simply dampen lips and with a very gentle back-and-forth motion apply this mildly abrasive stick. Tissue off to reveal lips that are moist and flake-free. Voila! Say adios to dehydration and chapping once and for all. (Editor’s tip: Go lightly to avoid over-stressing skin.) Available: http://www.RodanandFields.com
• Or, take a decidedly different – but somewhat less abrasive — approach to exfoliation by smoothing on Phytomer’s Exfoliating Gel. For maximum results dab on a cooling dollop of this slightly scented scrub and gently massage in. Rinse well. In a just one solitary treatment this product helps to subtly exfoliate dead cells to reveal smoother skin below. Available: http://www.dermstore.com, http://www.phytomer.com and Devachan Spa, NYC
Pour it on. Quench skin’s thirst. Satiate its need for moisture. Biting lips, licking lips, kissing lips put vulnerable tissues through their paces. Thin, delicate skin can really lap up moisture. Drench it with a series of lip balms guaranteed to put back what the environment takes out. Soak tender tissues with an emollient-rich lip balm that readies skin for its full, fuller, fullest potential.
• Get on the mend fast with H20 Plus Aquilibrium Lip Mender. Extra emollient-rich with a downright gooey consistency, this is one lip balm that really sticks with lips day and night. More than just a run-of-the mill lip conditioner, it offers heavy-duty lip Rx. Expect more muscle from Lip Mender – and you get it. Try it daily for best results to help revitalize, repair and stop damage due to dehydration and chapping in its tracks. Available: ULTA stores and http://www.ULTA.com
• VBeaute Lip Spread Anti-Age Tinting Lip Gloss works double-duty as a lip balm and high sheen lip gloss. Don’t let the long name fool you, it’s worth a try. While the consistency is thinner than the Lip Mender the gloss factor is major. Despite the tinting in its name I didn’t see much if any color. My suggestion? Go solo for a much-needed conditioning and plenty of gloss; over lipstick for color and sheen.
Available: http://www.dermstore.com and Select Duane Reade stores
• Look to Shiseido’s Sun Protection Lip Treatment SPF 36 for an emollient-rich marriage of moisture and sun protection. Yes, you do need sun protection all year long! This protective lip balm enhances softness while locking in moisture and shielding your smile from the sun. The attractive blue packaging and creamy white lipstick are appealing and oh-so-easy to apply. Just glide on and go!
Available: http://www.Shiseido.com, Sak’s Fifth Ave, Bergdorf Goodman
Now that lips are flake and parch-free amplify them with a selection of lip plumpers that make the most of your pout. Check out some of the hottest new beauty products around — a series of lip enhancers that provide added oomph to visibly restore fullness and definition. Small but significant changes are apparent in the products below. Kiss thin lips good-bye – minus the pain and fuss – once and for all!
• Lierac’s Coherence Lip Replumping Cream says it all. This replumper really, really made a difference! Dab on the lightly-scented white crème to lips at bedtime. Awake to a fuller, more voluptuous you. The way it works is simple. Coherence actually boosts lip volume via a swelling action for a fuller, softer appearance. Oh you smoochable you! Available: http://www.dermstore.com and http://www.lierac-usa.com
• Count on Rodan & Fields’ Anti-Aging Lip Renewing Serum to visibly restore definition. This too is a good bet for lips to look naturally full and youthful. Gingerly twist open and apply a caplet-full of serum nightly. Come morning a subtle improvement is readily apparent. Don’t expect major miracles but do look forward to a more pronounced pucker.
• Repeated applications of Votre Vu’s Champagne Kisses Lip Balm promises to enhance suppleness and hydration making lips more luscious and full. We witnessed a slightly plumper pout in the a.m. Champagne Kisses comes in a lipstick case for ease-of-application and does more than hydrate — it helps to remedy skimpy lips.
There you are. Exfoliate, saturate, accentuate. Perfect lips as easy as 1-2-3. Now just gloss and go!