By Erin Brady
In your 20’s or 30’s? It’s time to get serious about taking care of your skin. Read on for head to toe advice on how to prep, protect and prevent your skin from premature aging. You can thank me when you hit the big 4 -0! You’re welcome.
For many Millennials, the first signs of aging are often seen in the eyes. Your best bet? Start early with preventative creams that can help with crow’s feet, fine lines, under eye discoloration and so on. Easy to apply both day and night, an eye cream is probably the simplest step to incorporate into your beauty routine.
Tired Eyes: The new CeraVe Eye Repair Cream helps defend against fatigue by combining three essential ceramides, to help repair and restore the delicate barrier around the eyes, with hydrating hyaluronic acid to help diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Developed with dermatologists, CeraVe Eye Repair Cream will also help to reduce dark circles and puffiness under the eyes, due in part to a unique blend of marine and botanical extracts. Perfect for all skin types, the cream is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and paraben, sulfate and phthalate-free. Available for $13.99 at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide. Visit http://www.cerave.com for more information.
Sensitive eyes: The new Dermalogica Ultrasmoothing Eye Serum uses a powerful ingredient cocktail which combats the signs of aging, while soothing and protecting the delicate eye-area. Not only will the serum ease fine lines and wrinkles, dehydration, and general loss of vitality in the skin, but it will also prevent further stinging, redness and sensitization around the eye area. The serum is super gentle, goes on like a breeze and thanks to Dermalogica’s exclusive UltraCalming Complex, you can say sayonara to inflammation and any unwanted redness. Available at authorized skin centers, spas and salons for $50. For more information, please visit http://www.dermalogica.com.
Cleanse at-home or on-the-go: Proper cleansing of the skin is essential to skin health, yet this step is often overlooked. PreCleanse, one of Dermalogica’s most popular products originally introduced in liquid form, is now offered in packs of convenient, biodegradable wipes. PreCleanse wipes help to dissolve layers of excess sebum oil, sunscreen, waterproof makeup, environmental pollutants and build-up on the skin throughout the day. This first step preps the skin for the second step (cleansing with water and a cleanser of your choice), for optimal cleansing results. These wipes are great for travel, for your gym bag or to use at home, especially for spring/summer when many women will be wearing long-wearing sunscreens and long-lasting cosmetics, pre-cleansing is an integral step to remove residue that can cause acne and other long-term skin issues. PreCleanse Wipes contain Aloe and Apricot Kernel Oil which attract sebum and instantly dissolve even the most stubborn mascara, waterproof lip stains and sunscreens. The PreCleanse Wipes come in a handy pouch containing 20 towelettes for $18, available at authorized skin centers, spas and salons. For more information, please visit http://www.dermalogica.com.
Prime: Perfect for summer the Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer contains SPF 30 and blends ever so smoothly onto the skin to blur away fine lines and brighten up your complexion.. Velvety silicones combine with soy protein to even out skin texture, and natural minerals provide a tint to balance skin tone and enhance luminosity and radiance. A potent peptide helps improve skin firmness, as sunscreens shield against sun damage. Wear alone over your moisturizer for visible smoothness and luminosity, or over moisturizer and under foundation to help fill fine lines for a lasting make-up finish. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors. Skinperfect primer retails for $48 and is available at authorized skin centers, spas and salons. For more information, please visit http://www.dermalogica.com.
Protect: Skin requires protection against damaging UV rays every day, not just when basking at the beach. Encouraging consumers to be mindful of preventing sun-damage as an everyday health practice, Dermalogica has introduced new Protection 50 Sport SPF50 which utilizes lipid-rich Oleosome microspheres that boost sun protection and antioxidants to help defend the skin. The formula includes licorice extract to soothe irritation from UV exposure, while hyaluronic acid bonds moisture to the skin without greasiness. This new product is water-resistant for up to 40 minutes and is a must-have for extreme sport enthusiasts who are frequently practicing and attending sporting events outside. Protection 50 Sport SPF50 can be used for both face and body, making sunscreen protection easy for busy people on-the-go. Protection 50 Sport will retail for $32 and is available at Dermalogica authorized skin centers, spas and salons. For more information, please visit http://www.dermalogica.com
COLLECTIONS CREATED FOR MILLENNIALS:
Ibuki, the newest skincare launch from Shiseido, is designed specifically to address the unique skincare concerns of millennial women ages 25 to 34. After conducting extensive research into the skin physiology and lifestyles of this demographic, Shiseido discovered that skin, like nature, can weaken in harsh environmental conditions. Demanding and fast-paced lifestyles and stress combined with external factors such as UV rays and pollution, can cause skin’s surface cells to shrink and can lead to a negative cycle that prevents healthy cells from emerging. After four weeks of use, 96% of women surveyed felt that their skin was in its best condition ever. The Ibuki collection combats recurring skin issues such as visible pores, blemishes, dryness, and uneven skin tone. The collection includes seven products: two cleansers, a concentrate, three moisturizers, an eye cream and starter kit. My personal favorites right now include:
• Purifying Cleanser: an invigorating scrub for normal to oily skin that thoroughly cleanses the complexion.
• Refining Moisturizer: reduces the appearance of pores, blemishes, and dryness for a smoother texture.
• Protective Moisturizer SPF18: a multi-functional moisturizer that protects skin from UV rays and promotes radiance.
• The line ranges from $25 to $45 and is available now at select prestige retailers and at http://www.shiseido.com
Artistry Youth Xtend Collection: Amway is the world’s top direct-selling business and Artistry is a best-selling premium skincare brand from Amway. Artistry targets both the biological and environmental signs of aging for men and women. The Artistry Youth Xtend skincare collection is a high-performing, restoring regimen designed to rejuvenate skin’s youthful appearance morning to night. It was created to better serve women around the globe who are starting to notice the first signs of aging – like fine lines and winkles – and who want to keep their skin looking younger, longer. The Youth Xtend skincare technology revitalizes, repairs and protects through the discovery of the Mediterranean myrtle plant, LifeSirt, proven to boost youth protein production. A rare antioxidant-rich ingredient, African Baobab Fruit Extract, helps protect skin from future damage. The collection contains eight products, a cleanser, toner, serum, day and night lotion, day and night cream, and an eye cream, all working together to address the early signs of aging.
• My personal favorites right now are the Serum Concentrate which has a wonderfully light consistency making it easy to layer with moisturizer to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and help even skin tone; The Advanced Softening Toner seals in skin’s own moisture and refines the skin’s surface and finally, the Advanced Creamy Foam Cleanser is luxurious yet gentle and leaves skin feeling hydrated and comfortable.
• The collection ranges in price from $38 to $115 and is available through an Amway Independent Business Owner or at Amway.com/YouthXtend.
And finally, there are those skin concerns that are not widely talked about amongst those in their 20s and 30s, but…shhh…many suffer from them. Not so glamorous, but stretch marks and bruising are two common body blunders and now there are new products from CeraVe and DerMend to help diminish them!
• Say goodbye to stretch marks: Sure, stretch marks aren’t glamorous or overly talked about amongst those in their 20s and 30s, but chances are upon close inspection, lots of women you know have them. Stretch marks are a result of the rapid stretching of the skin maybe from weight loss or gain, hormonal changes, genetics and of course pregnancy…but the good thing about discovering stretch marks in your 20s and 30s is that there’s a chance to help diminish them. Start moisturizing with CeraVe Intensive Stretch Mark Cream to hydrate and nourish skin for up to 24 hours while reducing the appearance of the unsightly marks. The combination of a botanical complex and essential ceramides will help repair and restore the protective skin barrier. At the same time, hyaluronic acid attracts needed moisture to keep skin soft and supple and argan oil nourishes to help prevent new marks from forming. The cream retails for $18.99 and is available online, at drugstores and mass retailers. Visit http://www.cerave.com for more information.
• Black and blue no more: Many factors go into having great looking skin at every age and stage of our lives. But, what if your skin has a propensity for looking bruised, it kind of makes you want to cover it up, especially during the warm weather months. DerMend Moisturizing Bruise Formula can help improve the appearance of your skin. Featuring ingredients such as ceramides, retinol, arnica oil and glycolic acid, DerMend works to not only help improve the appearance of bruised skin, but also helps rejuvenate and restore the skin’s natural barrier. The non-irritating formula is ideal for sensitive skin and best of all, it absorbs easily and won’t stain clothing. DerMend Moisturizing Bruise Formula is available at Walgreens stores and online at CVS.com for $30. For more information visit http://www.dermend.com.
Deals of the Day