Spa

By Karen Kogut, founder/owner, BathSplendor.com

I became smitten with the tub early on. The youngest in a long line of bath-takers, my love for the tub was sealed when my parents installed an extra-long bathtub to accommodate their extra-long bodies.

It became my ritual to take a bath at the end of each day, before a night on the town, and on lazy weekend mornings. As I launched two consecutive careers and moved around the U.S., Europe and Africa, my bath habit went with me. From huge tubs in tiny cities to tiny tubs in huge cities, the daily bath was my constant companion throughout two-plus decades of success as a multi-unit store retailer and interior designer for five-star international hotels.

Karen Kogut

In 2003, I started dreaming for a new career that would adapt to my lifestyle for the rest of my life. That would provide balance and challenge. That I could create, implement, and manage on my own and that would utilize all of my skill sets.

One morning, I woke up with a full-circle epiphany: I love to take baths and I love to buy bath products. Why not turn my passion into a business?

I ‘soaked up’ information from bookstores, internet conferences, small business consultants, and the internet; contacted accountants, attorneys, a financial planner and e-tailing experts; created a business plan, organized a loan, and hired a webmaster; researched demographics and potential competition; custom-designed my own stationery, shipping boxes and gift wrap; and – here’s the most fun part – researched and purchased quality bath products. After nine months, I retained a PR agency, and www.BathSplendor.com was born.

BathSplendor.com speaks to the 25-to-59-year-old woman who equates a relaxing spa experience with wellness, who appreciates and understands the benefits of natural and/or organic products, and who prefers products that are pretty, feminine, have beautiful packaging and are not too “earthy”-looking. These are busy women who want an easy and convenient shopping experience that’s also personal and human.

Wine Bath: for when I feel like I can get drunk…without tomorrow’s hangover. The antioxidant benefits in this bath oil soothe my skin.

More than 80% of BathSplendor.com products are natural and/or organic. The other 20% contain safe, high-quality cosmetic preservatives. All products are made in the USA, and none are animal-tested.

MiniME! Bath Ice Cream Gift Set: for when I feel like a sundae treat…without the calories.

Everyone has their personal bath preferences; I’d like to share mine with you:
• Use a bath additive every time you take a bath to keep your skin hydrated.
• Soak 10-20 minutes in warm-hot water.
• Turn off the bathroom lights and light a candle or two.
• Listen to Zen-like music or catch up on non-essential reading.
• When your skin feels dry, add bath oil or a bath bomb. Both are very moisturizing, contain essential oils, and feel and smell great.
• When your skin feels normal, use natural bubble bath. Add a bath tea when you’re achy, tired or stressed. The anti-oxidants will help relax your muscles.
• When you feel romantic, create a bath for two!

Bath Splendor
www.BathSplendor.com
Phone: 760-603-9400
Fax: 760-603-9199

Originally published October 2008
Leave a Comment
Become a BN NYC Subscriber


Beautyscopes


Currently Popular

Deal of the Day


Social Media


Latest News
  • loreal_featured
  • Vast Hair Volume
  • During the late summer months, humidity often takes over and leaves your locks a bit lifeless. Let these products switch that flat hair to fine.


BN NYC Podcasts
  • Donna_Karan_NYFW_2013_featured
  • NYFW Fall 2013: DKNY Fashion Redux
  • Recently launching a retrospective collection for Opening Ceremony, Donna Karan returned to the 90′s for DKNY’s sporty Fall 2013 Collection.

  • BN_Podcast_Jerry_Jones_Laura_Mercier
  • Laura Mercier Cosmetics
  • Jerry Johnson, International Makeup Artist from Laura Mercier, works on transforming BNNYC’s Gillian Weeks with a full complement of Laura Mercier products.




Links We Love
  • Alexandra Taylor
  • Beauty in The Bag
  • Carrie Parry
  • City of Gloss Angeles
  • Kimberly McDonald
  • Taffeta Darlings
  • The Dessertist
  • Wendy Brandes



  • Visit Fashion Industry Network


    Free Skincare Gift with Purchase of Any Tria Device