By Anushka - Founder, Anushka Spa, Salon & Cosmedical Centre
I founded the Anushka Spa & Cellulite Clinic in New York City over 36 years ago for one reason only: CELLULITE. I had it, my friends had it and none of us knew what to do about it. It was so frustrating. We starved ourselves to be rail thin, and still it was there. I even consulted my doctor at the time, who told me in a condescending voice, “what are you so worried about, there is no cure, and besides you’re already married.” At that moment, I was determined to get to the bottom of things, quite literally, myself.
After years of immersing myself in research and collaborating with doctors, scientists, and working with physical therapists from here and abroad, I discovered methods that actually helped to treat, fight and even prevent cellulite. I am proud to say that at 64, I have better legs than I did at 25. I have helped thousands of women achieve similar success as well. Don’t get me wrong, I am not claiming to have found a magic cure for cellulite, not YET, but I have found solutions that work to help diminish that unsightly orange peel skin condition that 90-98% of women have.
My efforts and results have earned me quite the reputation in the press over the years. I have been named the “Cellulite Exorcist Extraordinaire” by Vogue and “THE anti-cellulite maven” by W Magazine. I have been interviewed on “The Today Show”, “Good Morning America”, and “Regis” to name a few. My cellulite programs have been featured in international beauty and fashion magazines such as: Vogue, Allure, Cosmopolitan, and Harper’s Bazaar. But my greatest achievement is my 5-Week Intensive Cellulite Program, which encompasses multiple modalities of cutting edge technology, individually tailored lifestyle regimens, and carefully formulated products that target the problem. Here are a few tips from my program (and a few secrets) that I live by and which really work:
1. Absolutely no fried, processed, or salty foods ever!
2. Limit simple carbohydrates (white flour, white sugar); opt for the complex carbohydrates instead like: fruits, vegetables, grains, and foods rich in fiber. I love raspberries: they are sweet, delicious, and loaded with fiber.
3. Products that claim fat free and/or sugar free are usually loaded with chemicals. Skip both regular and diet sodas altogether. Perrier with lime is as refreshing and much more healthful.
4. Avoid mixed drinks; reach for a glass of red wine instead (in moderation of course).
5. Get moving! Any kind of regular exercise from dancing to swimming to yoga to a brisk walk, or a combination of multiple things will increase your metabolism. Never commit to any exercise that you do not enjoy. You will never succeed, because eventually you will give it up. Choose something you love to do, experiment, shop around, and I guarantee you will find a fun activity that makes you feel great both during and after. Remember, it is after 20 minutes of exercise when your body really begins to burn the calories. Visit my website at www.anushkaonline for some very effective, targeted exercises that you can do at home.
You can experience my cellulite program and treatments first-hand at our new 12,000 square foot beauty mecca located in West Palm Beach, Florida. It is a tranquil world where sublime service meets New York chic. Time and luxury infuse the Spa Sanctuary. From signature massage and facials to cutting edge cosmedical procedures; Anushka redefines beauty at every age. The SPAthacary is stocked with all of the best skin, body and hair brands including my signature skincare collection. The entire cellulite collection is also available online at www.AnushkaOnline.com along with the latest information, delicious recipes, exercise tips, and more. I personally read all of the emails that come into the site and I am happy to answer questions about your individual concerns.
My quest to help women continues and my mission to conquer cellulite once and for all lives on. I am currently investigating new treatments and technologies that will bring us even closer to our ultimate goal. I will keep you posted on my progress. I feel privileged that so many women have trusted me with an issue that I couldn’t even discuss with my own doctor. It is most gratifying to be able to help them feel and look their best.
For the holidays, Anushka will be offering a spa gift basket, which includes her body silk lotion, body polish, body & bath gel and spa slippers.