Chips and dips – check
Macaroni salad, potato salad, green salad – check
Meats and fish for grilling – check
Wine – ???
If you’re inviting a bunch of wine connoisseurs over to your Fourth of July soiree and are worried about what to serve with your feast, worry no longer! Natalie MacLean, certified and award-winning sommelier of the Nat Decants newsletter and Unquenchable: A Tipsy Quest for the World’s Best Bargain Wines book fame, has come up with an app that’s just perfect for both the aficionado and the confused but enthusiastic host. The Natalie MacLean Wine Picks & Pairings app lets you use your Blackberry or iPhone camera (Android coming soon) to snap a picture of any bottle label bar code in the liquor store and presto! You no longer have to guess if that bottle of Riesling or Shiraz would be the perfect match for your Cajun grilled salmon, because Natalie will tell you in an instant’s click!
One of five top food and wine apps as rated by The New York Times, The Globe & Mail and Computerworld Magazine, the app also allows you to:
– Instantly access tasting notes, scores, prices, recipes and food pairings
– Search 150,000 wines at liquor stores across the country
– Track your purchases in your virtual cellar with just a few clicks
– Create a wine journal with your own wine notes and pictures in the app
– Share your wines and pairings on Twitter and Facebook
And unlike many apps, Natalie’s is based on her personal pairings, rather than an algorithm. So don’t be intimidated by wines, wine store clerks or your well-versed friends – you’ve got Natalie with you on your smart phone wherever you go.