You only hear “Auld Lang Syne” but once a year, so get ready, buy a new outfit and be prepared to wine, dine and punish the parquet floors. Here is our list of hot spots for the 2015 bacchanal.
Monarch, Nerai, Brassarie Gaby at Sofitel and Haven Rooftop trip the ‘night’ fantastic.
The Monarch Rooftop & Indoor Lounge’s is in the shadow of the Empire State Building with spectacular midtown views. This year’s theme is “A Black Tie Affair” and will take place from 9pm to 4am, with doors opening at 8pm.
There will be a DJ and black tie attire is highly recommended. Following are the options to ring in the New Year.
General Admission ($209):
– Includes premium open bar from 9pm to 2am
– Complimentary champagne toast for midnight countdown
– Complimentary festive NYE party favors
Seated VIP ($279)
– All general admission benefits plus a seat for the entire evening (including open bar).
Couples VIP ($639)
– Private table for two people
– All general admission benefits (including open bar)
– 1 bottle of champagne
– Midnight champagne toast
– VIP priority admission
71 West 35th Street
New York, NY
Tel: (212) 630-9993
Ring in the New Year with the gusto of the Greeks. Nerai has you covered with two special options at their beautiful midtown location.
For those interested in a special dinner menu, Nerai will be offering a Three Course Prix Fixe Menu for $150, which includes their signature
For the Table
– Selections Trio of Spreads, Chips Nerai
– Tuna Tartare, Spinach Pies, Greek Salad and more
– Lobster Pasta, King Salmon, Grilled Whole Lavraki amongst others.
– Lavender Mousse and Kataifi Ekmek
Late seating begins at 9:00pm and music will be provided by DJ Dino of Powerstation.
For those who want to skip the dinner and just do drinks and dancing, Nerai will be offering a limited number of Open Bar tickets at $125 that includes a 4-hour, top-shelf open bar and passed hors d’oeuvres.
55 East 54th Street
New York, NY
Just a noisemaker away from Times Square is the Haven Rooftop’s newly launched Ski Chalet at The Sanctuary Hotel. Avoid the throngs below and head high above the city to the tented and heated rooftop lounge to celebrate in warmth and style. The ski chalet décor will keep your winter spirits high.
– Sesame Crusted Tuna, Filet Mignon and Chocolate Mousse and choose from one of the many open bar and bottle service packages starting at $125.
132 W. 42nd Street
New York, NY
Gaby Restaurant at Sofitel
Celebrate like New Yorkers and Parisians. Inside the Sofitel at Gaby Restaurant, guests will enjoy a live DJ from 5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m., as well as a special screening of the fireworks in Paris beginning at 6:00 p.m. and the Times Square Ball Drop from 11:30 p.m.
Diners will enjoy a prix-fixe menu for $120 per person for seatings from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and for $190 per person for seatings from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
It includes the following:
½ bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne accompanied by an amuse-bouche of Smoked Salmon Roulade with artichoke mousse and dill sauce.
– Tiger Shrimp Salad featuring grilled shrimps marinated in ginger and served with grilled sucrine lettuce, citrus segments and vinaigrette.
– Hudson Valley Foie Gras flavored with cognac and ginger chutney served with toasted country bread.
– Scallop and Lobster Pithivier served on a bed of saffron leek compote, puff pastry and caviar beurre blanc
– Beef Short Ribs with truffles, sautéed sweet breads, saffron potato purée and vegetable flan.
– A Decadent Chocolate Hazelnut Croquant with a mini raspberry macaron will be offered for dessert.
An open bar offering house drinks and Veuve Clicquot Champagne will be available from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. for $100 per person, or $50 for guests who dined at Gaby.
If you want to pull out all of the stops, contact the Sofitel for their VIP package.
45 W 44th St,
New York, NY
Reservations may be made by calling 212-782-3091
We wish you all our best for the holidays and thank you for reading and supporting BNNYC Magazine in 2015.
May the New Year bring you good health, prosperity and fulfill all of your beautiful dreams.