This collection is reminiscent of the 1940’s complete with ornate gilded textures and colors from this era. Red, black, and gold were the dominant colors of the collection, along with elegant embellishments, a nod to the traditional Spanish Matador.
The focal point of the makeup was eyeliner, applied to look almost like a feather with a strong resemblance to Amy Winehouse’s signature look. Makeup artist Tom Pechueux wanted to have the makeup reflect a “rock and roll” Spanish woman with pride and confidence. A very strong eye, and minimal makeup on the face with no contouring.
Skin is perfected and smoothed with Water Weight Foundation, and applied with a double fibre brush.
Studio Finish/ Concealer Palette used to perfect the under eye area.
Transparent Powder used to prep and prime the skin, giving it a matte look.
Blacktrack Fluidline is applied with a medium sponge brush to get a strong lash line, than elongated in a square way up to the temples, then to the outer underneath corner.
Pro Longwear Fluidline Pen (Indelibly Blue Color) is used to give a blue reflection on top of the lash line, then applying tiny strokes at the end of the line near the temples.
New eye gloss in Erogenous Zone color, is applied using a lip brush over the lash line to give a wet purple reflection.
Colors: Ermine and Sweet Salmon from the Trend Forecast Lip Palette are mixed gently and buffed over the lips with fingers to get a soft pale nude lip.
Inspired by the collection, but with a modern twist, stylist Peter Gray for Moroccan Oil created the sexy “walk of shame” hairstyle- a loose, textured twist with a sexy edge. To compliment the collection, the style is finished with a gilded rose.
Get The Look:
- Lightly mist hair with Morrocanoil Luminous Hairspray to create strong, shiny foundation
- Rough dry hair with fingertips to create a loose texture
- With large barreling curling iron, curl 2 inch sections of hair in opposite directions. Spritz Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to create soft definition and strong hold.
- Apply Morroccanoil Dry Shampoo directly to roots to create the gritty, lived in “walk of shame” texture.
- Starting at the crown, backcomb hair in sections, moving from crown towards front of hair.
- Once crown is teased, pull sections from ear to temple on both sides and twist towards the back. At back of head, secure twists bobby pins and mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Spray to ensure long lasting hold.
- Finish by putting the ornate metallic rose into the twist and mist a generous amount of Morrocanoil Luminous Hairspray to create a shiny, runway ready style.
Nails: Deborah Lippman
The edginess of an East Village version of the modern day Brigitte Bardot on her walk of shame. Using Swarovski crystals atop and on the underside of the nails.
Deborah Lippmann All About That Base
Deborah Lippmann The Wait Is Over
Deborah Lippmann Can’t Be Tamed
Deborah Lippmann Fade to Black
All photos by Mary Ferrill