As Ulla Johnson sent their spring collection down the runway, Esther Langham for Amika curated the beauty looks seen on the models. What looked like a simple sleek low ponytail from the front revealed to have a unique knotted braid going down the back of the head. This chic look will be the perfect complement to your outfits especially during the showery spring weather.
GET THE LOOK:
What you’ll need:
amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse ($25, Sephora.com)
amika Curl Corps Enhancing Gel ($25, Sephora.com)
amika First Base Moisturizing Styling Cream ($25, Sephora.com)
amika Glass Action Universal Elixir ($28, Sephora.com)
amika The Antidote Silk-Wrap Styler ($150, loveamika.com)
amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner ($25, Sephora.com)
• Dampen hair and apply the Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse around the hairline. Blow-dry using a flat brush/Mason Pearson to create a smooth hairline.
• Create a center part and create two sections from the crown to behind the ear.
• Using an equal mixture of the Curl Corps Enhancing Gel and the First Base Moisturizing Styling Cream, apply from the roots through the midshafts of the hair—this will help maintain control of the hair and help create more definition in the finished look.
• Once the product is applied, take the top two sections and tie together to create a knot.
• Create two more sections (leaving a small section of hair out towards the nape), apply the product mixture and create another knot incorporating the hair from the previous sections.
• Create a ponytail with all remaining hair and tie with an elastic band.
• Use the Glass Action Universal Elixir to smooth any flyaways as needed.
• To finish the look, use The Antidote Silk-Wrap Styler and Silken Up Dry Conditioner to create a lived in, smooth texture in the ponytail.
Photo Credit: Ari Weiss