Nothing provides more hair-spiration than awards show season! Whether it’s date night or girls’ night, the masterminds behind some of the SAG Awards top styles show us how to get their looks.
Long live the queen! Not only did she walk away a winner, but Claire Foy looked absolutely stunning at the SAG Awards, pairing her Valentino dress with a classy chignon.
“Claire’s Valentino dress was very lovely and intricate. I wanted to edge it up a little and give the hair an editorial, runway feel. She’s always down to try new styles and I had been planning with her makeup artist and stylist for about a week. The final look was an effortless, young and chic chignon,” said hairstylist Jill Halouska.
How to get the look:
• On damp hair, apply Matrix Style Link Blowout Skinny Queen, creating a center part and blowing dry.
• Part front pieces on each side before the ear. Using the blow dryer and a round brush, twist each piece back.
• Using Matrix Style Link Over Achiever, muss up hair to create texture and dimension. Pull the hair into a low ponytail leaving the front two pieces out.
• Divide the ponytail into three pieces and coil them around each other. Sculpt the pieces into a chignon, pinning as you go.
• Half tuck the front behind the ears and loosely pin a few pieces into the chignon, lightly misting Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist all over for a nice, healthy sheen.
• Finally, lock everything in with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer.
Bryce Dallas Howard
Source: Adir Abergel/Instagram
Bryce Dallas Howard sparkled in her Dress the Population gown pairing it with a modern up-do with a deep side part, side-swept bangs and an origami-inspired back detail styled by celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel.
How to get the look:
• Apply Virtue Polish Un-Frizz Cream throughout hair then comb through for even distribution and to smooth and eliminate frizz.
• To thicken hair, apply Virtue Uplifted Volumizing Whip to roots.
• Create a deep side part and blow dry hair with a large round brush for sleek, side-swept bangs.
• Dry the rest of the hair completely, then smooth over with a flat iron until completely straight.
• Gather hair into a low-slung ponytail a few inches below the nape of the neck and secure with a clear elastic.
• Use Virtue One for All 6-in-1 Styler to smooth flyaways.
• Flip the ponytail upwards then fold it over onto itself so the ends are facing downwards.
• Secure into place with an Adir x Lelet NY barrette, positioned at an angle for a modern twist.
• To ensure the shape will hold all night and to add extra shine, finish with Virtue Finale Shaping Spray.
Would you try one of these looks?