Summer. Beaches. Skimpy bathing suits. It’s that time of year, again. Who doesn’t love summer, but loathe getting in shape for it? This year, why not work toward six-pack abs, toned arms and a firm tushy while having fun?
– Power walks on the beach are great for burning calories. Walking on the sand will give your legs a challenging workout. Try lunging and squatting, too. You’ll get some exercise in while enjoying the beautiful day.[center][/center]
– Sand activities such as Frisbee and Beach Volleyball are always a blast and are great workouts.
– Swimming is a great activity whether you’re in the pool or ocean. The water acts as resistance for a full body workout. Treading water or swimming laps are both great ways to keep fit.
– Playing a water game or water sport will help kick those calories away and you won’t even know you’re working so hard because you’ll be having so much fun.
– Snorkeling and Kayaking are just two, of many, water activities to do on vacation to get a great workout. For more advanced sports try windsurfing or water skiing.
– Pushups and dips are simple to do before you hit the beach. Drop down on the ground and give me 20! Dips are simple to do on a sturdy and stable bench, chair or table.
– Why not do a few crunches while lounging on a chair or towel?
Be creative. With a little imagination you can find many ways to enjoy yourself and get some exercise in at the same time.