As we trudge through Winter, we deserve a special hot brew in a cup. So go grab your biggest, favorite mugs and get ready to savor steaming libations sure to warm souls and lift spirits. And remember the whipped cream!
Here are recipes from classic brands Coffee-mate and Melitta and favorite sweet liqueur Galliano for spins on those morning cups and after work pick-me-ups:
Hot Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl:
½ Cup of your favorite coffee blend
1 Cup rich milk chocolate flavor NESTLÉ Hot Cocoa Mix
1 Cup French Vanilla Coffee-mate flavor
½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
– Combine coffee, cocoa mix, Coffee-mate and cinnamon in container and cover tightly
– Stir 3 tablespoons mix into 1 cup hot water.
Creamy Maple Caffé:
2 Tablespoons genuine Vermont maple syrup
1/2 Cup heavy cream
8 oz of Melitta Riviera Sunset coffee
– In a small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and cream. Cook on very low heat until the cream is warm.
Pour the coffee into a 12-ounce mug. Brew an 8-ounce cup of Melitta Riviera Sunset coffee. Stir the coffee
drink to blend and serve immediately.
Jamaican Rum Buzz:
8 oz of Melitta Vienna Roast coffee
1 Tablespoon molasses
2 Tablespoons dark rum
2 Tablespoons whipping cream
– Brew an 8-ounce cup of Melitta Vienna Roast coffee. Combine the coffee and the molasses in a small
saucepan and heat over medium temperature until the molasses is dissolved, stirring often. Pour the rum into
a 12-ounce mug and top with the hot coffee and molasses. Use the Melitta® frother to whip the cream and
garnish the coffee with the whipped cream.
¾ oz. Galliano L’Autentico
¾ oz. Hot espresso
¾ oz. Cream
– Method: Using a bar spoon pour all the ingredients listed in the order above into a small liqueur glass and garnish with coffee beans. Serve.